Oh how times have changed from 20 years ago to today. Technology has by far out done anyone's expectations and then some! The internet specifically has become the top way to research and look something up, for example movie times, business hours, maps, etc.
The internet has had a huge impact on media as well. Whether it is music, movies, or commercials, the internet has you covered. Say you want to watch the super-bowl commercials again because there was one you loved, all you have to do is Google "super-bowl commercials and BAM! there you go!
The internet is a huge help with advertising as well, there are all sorts of ads everywhere from company's. There are the annoying pop-ups that we have learned how to successfully avoid, and usually on the right or left margins of search engines, there are ads, I think the most common one I see is weight loss ads.
The internet has helped make movies available online instead of having to rent the dvd, not to good for BlockBuster, but great for websites like NetFlix, and Hulu. How can you beat that, $8 per month for access to watch any movie you want as many times as you want, and even better, they are accessible through gaming systems too!
Wow I complete forgot about the whole movies online thing. If I didn't need cable for sporting events I would cancel it and just use my Netflix and Hulu account.
ReplyDeleteErin- I'm not sure if you know this but, BlockBuster has also taken the same route as Netflix and Hulu. They are mostly online now and I'm assuming that they have a huge variety compared with Netflix and Hulu. I haven't joined BloackBuster but, I do have Netflix and I don't think the variety is that big. I totally agree with you about the impact on all these outlets concerning the media. I don't think it will ever stop progressing with affecting different things.
ReplyDelete