Friday, February 3, 2012

How my job has changed my outlook on life

Since becoming a full time nanny, I have a different outlook on things. I have been a nanny for about 4 years, and before that had my fair share of retail jobs (one in which I still currently do part time). Being a full time nanny means you are responsible for children monday thru friday while their parents are at work (for those who were unsure of the job details =] ). I started my current nanny job this past March so I am coming up on 1 year next month. I love and care about my girls as if they are my own, they have changed my attitude of not wanting to go to work everyday to absolutely loving going to work. We go all over the place for fun activities, such as Canobie Lake Park (amusement park), Bonkers (indoor kids playground), Chuck E Cheese (death of me!), the mall (has small indoor playground as well), out for different lunch dates, and so much more that I can't even think about. My family absolutely adores them as well, my grandmother loves when I bring them over to visit her. They are such sweet, intelligent, fun little girls. I dread the day that they are old enough and do not need me to watch them anymore, but also look forward to a life long friendship I hope to have with them.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you love your job as well as the children you work with very much. I to have worked in retail, lets just say that its the reason I decided to enroll back in school and pursue my degree lol. Have you always enjoyed working with children? Or is this something you are now just getting into?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like the family is very lucky to have found such a caring involved nanny. It isn't easy to trust someone full time with children from a mother's point of view and to find one to stick around for so long. Best of luck with the girls and enjoy every moment you can. Kids can always brighten ones day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post reminds me when I was young. When I was about 2 years old, my mother owned a day care at our house. It was the coolest thing in the world because I would get to see all my best friends everyday and i wouldn't even have to leave the house. We did things such as watching cartoons, to playing with the sprinkler, to even the occasional writing on the walls with our favorite markers. How much better does that get.

    ReplyDelete